Shred your ex at Cinderelli’s Consignment

by Town Reminder

Shred your ex
Cinderelli’s Consignment to host un-Valentine’s Day Feb. 14

By Kristin Will
Staff Writer

SOUTH HADLEY – Roses may be red and violets maybe blue, but when you’ve got an ex on your mind, it seems nothing will do.
In steps Cinderelli’s Consignment Boutique. They will be celebrating an un-Valentine’s Day for those unlucky in love from 5 to 8 p.m. next Thursday, Feb. 14
Shredding machines will be on-site at their South Hadley storefront, located at 480 Newton St., South Hadley, for locals to drop by with photos of their ex to dispose of.
But don’t stop at photos. Cinderelli’s welcomes love letters, cards – even teddy bears. The store will have heavy-duty scissors available to de-head stuffed animals given to scorn lovers by their exes.
“We would like to invite you to bring in a picture of your ex. letters, cards, stuffed animals or whatever other bad memories you would like to get rid of so we can make confetti out of it,” said Manager and Development Assistant Cora A. Rice in a press release.
The idea is to help locals get over their heartaches while spending some quality “me” time checking out Cinderelli’s Consignment Boutique and treating themselves to wine and chocolate on hand in the store that day.
Additionally, a raffle will be held to win items from local businesses to pamper oneself with, such as a bouquet of flowers and wine.
“We’ll destroy whatever you want to get rid of,” said Christine Burns, director of development at Providence Ministries, which oversees Cinderelli’s.
“The store will be open but there is no obligation to purchase anything,” she added.
Cinderelli’s Consignment Boutique is run by Providence Ministries in Holyoke. That non-profit organization is stationed out of Holyoke but assists those in South Hadley and Granby as well with their programs such as Margaret’s Pantry, the Holyoke Career Closet, St. Jude’s Thrift Store, Mother Mary’s, Broderick House, Kate’s Kitchen and Loreto House in addition to Cinderelli’s Consignment Boutique.
Cinderelli’s offers high-end clothing and accessories. About 80 percent of the store is target toward women, while the other 20 percent serves men and children.
Cinderelli’s is all volunteer-run and incurs no staffing costs. Providence Ministries receives half of a consigned item’s price, unless the consigner does not want to receive any funds themselves. In that case, all of that sale benefit Providence Ministries.
“Come check out the store,” said Burns, “and learn more about non-profits and social enterprise. We all can’t write a check to charity, but we all buy clothes.”
Call (413) 540-0693 for more information. Find Cinderelli’s on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/cinderellisconsignmentboutique

Advertisements